There are many benefits to belonging to the PMI national organization and the PMI Central Iowa Chapter (the local chapter).
Please note: Many of the following links will take you away from this site to PMI.org
Benefits of belonging to the national organization for PMI
- Exclusive members-only content on http://www.pmi.org/Pages/default.aspxMI.org
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities through PMI communities
- Job search capabilities using Career Headquarters
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities through PMI components and communities, certification program, research program, standards program and other areas
- Access to A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Access to PMI's career framework http://www.pmi.org/Resources/Pages/Project-Management-Journal.aspx
- Discounts on:
PMI® credential exams and renewals
SeminarsWorld® and eSeminarsWorldSM educational opportunities
PMI global congresses and Research Conference attendance
Soundview® Executive Book Summaries
Research and reference services by PMI Virtual Library staff
Project management publications, products and training tools through the PMI Marketplace
- Access to exclusive publications and information to members, including:
PMI® credential exams and renewals
PM Network®, PMI's monthly magazine with the latest news and trends
PMI Today®, PMI's informative monthly newsletter
Project Management Journal®, a quarterly research journal
Leadership in Project Management, an annual publication devoted to enriching leadership skills
PMI Community POST, a bimonthly electronic newsletter
PMI e-links, monthly electronic newsletters that focus on EMEA and Asia Pacific trends
Online access to information resources with PMI Marketplace and Virtual Library
Online access to business and project management books and articles with eReads & Reference
Benefits of belonging to the PMI Central Iowa Chapter:
- Knowledge sharing with your local PMI community
- Networking opportunities with your local PMI community
- Local continuing educational opportunities
- Local PMI Scholarship
- Members also receive discounts on:
PMI-Central Iowa Chapter Meetings
PMI-Central Iowa Chapter Professional Development Day
PMI-Central Iowa Chapter Workshops, Round tables, and PMI-CIC exam prep classes
PMI-Central Iowa Chapter co-sponsiored educational opportunities
To become a PMI member, choose the plan that best meets your needs:
- Individual - If your work involves project management or if you are simply interested in learning more about best practices, a PMI membership is a terrific solution for you. Membership is open to any individual interested in project management. (New individual memberships include a complimentary CD-ROM copy of the current edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide))
- Student - If you are enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited (or global equivalent) college or university, you may join PMI as a student member.
- Retiree - If you've been a PMI member in good standing for five consecutive years and have retired from active employment, you are eligible for retiree status. Enjoy your retirement while keeping up with the project management profession.
- Renewal - Continue your PMI membership and enjoy another year of outstanding benefits and value.
Links to get your questions answered
Ready to Join? Follow this link to join PMI: http://www.pmi.org/pages/default/aspx.
Be sure to join the PMI-Central Iowa Chapter component by going to the PMI Chapters page and navigate to: All Regions|North America|United States|Iowa and click on the Join button for the PMI Central Iowa Chapter.
Note: By joining PMI, you agree to adhere to the PMI's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
Still Have Questions? Send an email to our VP of Membership at vp.membership