25 March 2021 at 10:00AM
PMI-CIC April Gathering: Kit Welchlin - Emotional Intelligence
PMI-CIC welcomes Kit Welchlin at the April gathering!
The most effective professionals have a high degree of what has come to be known as emotional intelligence. The qualities that make up emotional intelligence – self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skill – enable the most successful professionals to raise their own and others’ performance to a higher level.
Here’s the bottom line; having negative thoughts and feelings is unavoidable. However, if we understand and expand our Emotional Intelligence capabilities, we will be able to overcome our negative thoughts and feelings, and learn to act in a way that reflects our values, rather than what we are feeling at the moment.
In this highly interactive session you will learn:
- How to Enhance Your Personal Brand
- How to Understand Your Emotions and Respond Professionally
- How to Incorporate Perception Checking and Keep Conversations Civil
- How to Motivate Yourself and Others
- How to Build a Supportive Communication Climate
- How to Give and Receive Professional Criticism
About Our Speaker - KIT WELCHLIN
- Grew up on a hog and dairy farm in southern Minnesota and began public speaking at the age of 9 in a 4-H public speaking contest.
- At age 21 he purchased his first manufacturing company and by age 26 served as C.E.O. and Chairman of the Board of 3 manufacturing companies in 3 states.
- Has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Speech Communication, Business Administration and Political Science.
- Received a Masters Degree in Speech Communication and Business Administration.
- In 1991, Kit started Welchlin Communication Strategies and Seminars On Stress, providing speeches and seminars, to private and public organizations.
- Kit taught part-time for 26 years for the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, where he received the Teaching Excellence Award and had been repeatedly nominated as Outstanding Faculty.
- He is a Professional Member of the National Speakers Association and has earned the Certified Speaker Professional designation. In 2014, Kit was inducted into the Minnesota Speakers Association Hall of Fame.
- He has delivered more than 3,000 speeches and seminars to more than 500,000 people over the past 27 years.
Check out Kit's video clip and website:
What: April chapter gathering
When: Thursday, April 15 4:00-5:15 PM
Where: Zoom Virtual Meeting
This event is worth 1 PDU in Leadership.
PMI Central Iowa Chapter