October Virtual Book Club
Join Us for PMI-Central Iowa Virtual Book Club
What: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management are combined into one book and can be downloaded for free to any PMI member at the link: https://www.pmi.org/pmbok-guide-standards/foundational/pmbok.
The PMBOK® Guide – 7th Edition is PMI’s flagship publication and is a fundamental resource for effective project management in any industry. The Standard for Project Management is the foundation upon which the vast body of knowledge builds, and the guide serves to capture and summarize that knowledge.
These resources were developed by project management practitioners for project management practitioners. This series of book club meetings will explore how these PMI resources apply to your organization. We will discuss such questions as:
- Are the standards relevant to my organization?
- Can I and my organization benefit from reading and applying this material?
- What information do you think is missing that would be helpful to me and my organization?
- What do you think about PMI’s move from a process-based standard to a principle-based format?
- Where do you think the project management profession is headed, and is PMI aligned in that direction?
When: Tuesday, October 25th, 2022 6:00pm-7:00pm – PMBOK Guide – 7th Edition (pp. 145-195) and
Appendices X2-X4 (pp. 207-225)
Where: Virtual Zoom Meeting
(Once registered, you will receive an email link and passcode at least one day before each meeting)
Who: All PMI-Central Iowa Chapter members and anyone else who has a stake in project management. There is no charge for non-members, so invite others from your organization to join in the discussion!
How: Register at www.pmi-centraliowa.org. You must be logged in to register. Please read the assigned pages before each of the meetings listed above. This book will be worth “Leadership and Technical” PDUs under Reading and Informal Learning. We look forward to seeing you!