7 Sentences to Propel Your Project Management Career Forward
A brief excerpt from a new Your Clear Next Step class being offered in 2020, Advanced Collaboration, this one-hour session features seven sentences that will propel you forward in your career. With phrases such as “Communication is…” “I have not arrived…” “Think forward…” and “I Spy…” among others, this session includes a handful of very tactical tools you can apply every single day to help you reflect on how your actions, collaboration, and communication today are helping you achieve the goals you’ve set for your own development, and to improve your application of emotional intelligence every single day. Especially for Project Managers, communication and
collaboration are critical to our success and to our continued advancement in the profession and in our careers, and emotional intelligence continues to be a game changer for those who want to succeed. No matter where you are in your career, and no matter how you spend your day, you’re sure to find value in these simple, useful tips, punctuated with engaging stories and relevant application, brought to you by an engaging and passionate developer of people.
Sinikka Waugh is a recognized leader in understanding people and in adapting tools, techniques, and processes to meet the demands of the situation at hand. As a popular presenter and trainer, her energetic and engaging style drives home the art and science of making business better for individuals, teams, and organizations.
As a project manager, business analyst, facilitator, and coach, Sinikka is known for consistently helping teams find innovative ways to solve problems and get things done, and her results-driven professionalism blends seamlessly with her down-to-earth, “try this now” approach. Sinikka holds a BA from Central College, an MA from the University of Iowa, and is a certified Project Management Professional through the Project Management Institute, and has been a longtime supporter of the PMI Central Iowa Chapter. President and Founder of the Central Iowa training and coaching company Your Clear Next Step, Sinikka works every day to help people have better work days so they can have better evenings and better weekends, and so they can contribute their discretionary time to helping build better communities and a better tomorrow.
In order to avoid “Zoom-bombing” by uninvited guests, we ask for your support with the following protocols:
- Do NOT share the Zoom meeting ID with anyone.
- Do NOT share “screen shots” on social media. We couple this with sharing a PDF of the PPTX slides so they won’t need screen shots and it also makes note taking that much easier.
- The meeting will be set up with controls to restrict attendance to registered participants. That means:
- It will be an invite-only meeting to prevent uninvited participants from disrupting the meeting.
- A password will be required to join.
- A “Waiting Room” will be used and attendees will be confirmed before they can join. It will allow you to log in early – which we highly recommend – so you avoid any processing delays.
- Participants will have their audio Muted. Only the Host can Unmute them.
- Only the Host will share their screen.
- The “Chat” feature MAY be disabled for all or part of the meeting to prevent attacks by “Zoom-bombers.”
- We will exercise an abundance of caution to maintain the security of your information. Please be patient if you suffer a little inconvenience. And, again, please log in early!
It is no longer possible to register for this event